Geothermal systems in condos offer several benefits, including:
- Energy Efficiency: Geothermal systems are highly energy-efficient, as they use the stable temperature of the earth to heat and cool the condo units. This can result in significant cost savings on utility bills compared to traditional heating and cooling systems.
- Low Maintenance: Geothermal systems have fewer moving parts than traditional HVAC systems, which means they require less maintenance and have a longer lifespan. If your condo has geothermal heating, you can expect to be more efficient which can help reduce your maintenance costs.
- Environmentally Friendly: Geothermal systems produce no greenhouse gases, making them a more environmentally friendly option. They also use a renewable source of energy, reducing the reliance on fossil fuels.
- Quiet Operation: Geothermal systems operate more quietly than traditional HVAC systems, which can be beneficial for condo living where noise can be a concern.
- Improved Air Quality: Geothermal systems don’t use combustion to create heat, which means there are no combustion byproducts such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, or sulfur dioxide. This can result in improved air quality inside the condo units.
If your condo has geothermal heating, instead of paying Enbridge for your gas, you would be paying a different company that power the geothermal heating which sometimes also include hydro and water in the same bill.